Cadillac ELR Forum

It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 40% of Cadillac dealerships opt out of carrying ELR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:48 pm 

Last April, Cadillac invited their dealers to carry the ELR, specifically listing all requirements to sell the ELR.

Those things include 2 charging stations - one in the service area, and the other outside of the building.

Also, at least one salesperson needs to be trained in the features that make the ELR unique.

About $15,000 in total costs to be ELR certified.

Cadillac's global marketing boss Jim Vurpillat says this about the 410 dealerships that have decided not to take the necessary steps:

Quote:
"We have a pretty good representation in rural markets because we are dualed up with other (General Motors) brands. It is a great service advantage." said the Caddy manager to Edmunds. But those dealers "might look at (ELR) and say, ‘Ok, if I sell one of these, I got to have service charging stations, special training, a sales area. I have to buy special tools."

"If they don’t think they will sell more than one or two units a year, they would do the numbers, and it is probably not worth it." Mr. Vurpillat added, "They are not selling a lot of electric vehicles in Iowa."